Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question you'd like answered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I perform at the conference?
Check out the page Ways to Perform
for info on how to perform at our conference.
Can I get a discount to attend?
Folk Alliance offers many ways to save money or attend for free:
- The Early Bird rate (available May 30 - Aug 29, 2017) is the most discounted rate. If you are a member you can buy the 30th Anniversary Member Special rate from May 15-29, 2017 which is $30 off the Early Bird Rate.
- Volunteering entitles you to a free registration (must meet the minimum hours required).
- You may qualify for the referral program.
- If you are a presenter and a first-time attendee, please contact the office for a complimentary registration.
- If you are traveling to the conference from outside North America, please contact the office for discounted rates.
- If you are bringing a group of 20+ attendees, please contact our Director of Operations for group rates.
Does the conference fee include lodging?
Are meals included at the conference?
Meals are not included as part of the registration fee. The Westin has a restaurant in their lobby (The Brasserie). There are also plenty of restaurants in Crown Center adjacent to the Westin.
What should I bring?
Business cards, CD's, promotional materials, comfortable shoes, reusable water bottle, portable humidifier for your room, and layers of clothing (it could be 70°F or 25°F in Kansas City in February!)
Can I sell my CD's or merch?
No, item sales are not allowed. Folk Alliance is a networking conference - bring your latest CD's and share them freely with those you meet.
I'm not a musician or in the music industry...can I still attend the conference?
Yes, of course!